Targus Mouse Woes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
My Macbook Wont Recognize My Mouse

So I'm relatively new to macs. My girlfriend has a retractable use mouse I threw into the mac book so I could use a mouse for a few things here and there but the macbook seems to not recognize the mouse whatsoever. It flickers ever so slightly when i plug it in but after that theres no function on it. The red light on the mouse is on so I know its at least connecting. It also works fine on her PC so I'm assuming its not the mouse. Its a Targus AMU2601EUK model. I can't find any useful information on this model anywhere. I can't even seem to find the model on Targus' web site so I dont even know if there is a driver. I'll probably end up just buying a mac compatible mouse but Im still curious as **** as to why this wont work on my macbook pro. Anyone have any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unless the mouse itself is defective or your USB port is not putting out enough power, it should work. Just about any USB mouse will work with a Mac portable or an iMac. I'm currently using a cheap Logitech notebook mouse with my MacBook and it works fine.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.