Trying to use TV as mirror monitor for Powermac G5

Reaction score
I just purchased a single processor Powermac G5 tower and I'm trying to watch internet TV on my analog TV via video cable.

I purchased a ATI Radeon 9200 128MB DDR Memory DVI-I to VGA & S-Video video card and have connected everything up, but my Mac doesn't seem to recognize it as an additional display.

I click on the "detect displays" function and it doesn't see it. I'm not really sure what else to try
Am I missing something?

kev

atiradeon_9200.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is the ATI Radeon 9200 card you purchased for a Mac? In other words does it have the Mac ROM and not PC? The cards look the same but have different firmware. A PC card will not work in a Mac.

Regards.

OP
kev_taoboy
Reaction score
It is Mac compatible - double checked by plugging my VGA monitor into it and THAT works fine.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers for that card from ATI?

If you have 10.3 or 10.4 go here.

If you're on 10.5, the drivers were included with the OS, but I don't have a clue if it would have been installed or not if the card was not in the machine during the install of the OS.

OP
kev_taoboy
Reaction score
The OS is 10.5x so the drivers should already be installed. Is there a way to "activate" them or something?
I'm also wondering if all S-Video to video cable adaptors are the same. The one I'm using came with the S-Video graphics card I bought for a PC about a year ago - is it possible my adaptor wouldn't work with the card I bought?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.