Need help burning an iso file to reinstall vista in another laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i'm having some issues with this and i feel it's a simple solution that hopefully someone out there can help me with. well. i am running toast 10 titanium and i would like to burn a vista cd to reinstall in my brothers laptop. it's an .iso file and toast doesn't do .iso dvd's only cd's... well i think

please inform me how i can go about burning this so i can mounti it on a pc.

i tried the udf option... but no work!!

any advice greatly appreciated...

thanx

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You're not referring to an illegal version of Vista are you? This doesn't sound too legal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
No, it doesn't sound very legit.

We choose to follow United States law in regard to what is permissible to be discussed here. Therefore discussion of illegal file sharing, cracked programs, requests for serial numbers, and any other breaches of copyright or other illegal activity are not allowed in these forums. This also includes discussion of breaking the terms of software or hardware EULAs.

OP
P
Reaction score
need to burn .iso file to dvd with toast 10

i'm having some issues with this and i feel it's a simple solution that hopefully someone out there can help me with. well. i am running toast 10 titanium and i would like to burn a dvd. it's an .iso file and toast doesn't do .iso dvd's only cd's... well i think

i tried the udf option... but no work!!

any advice greatly appreciated...

thanx

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
LOL, not only do we not discuss illegal activity, but we don't particularly care for double posting either. See your first thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
Who said what he was doing is illegal? There are plenty of legal reasons you would want to burn an iso to a dvd (linux distibutions are the first thing that come to my mind). Don't jump to conclusions.

As far as you question, just use disk utility.
Click the burn button on the top row and browse to the iso you want to burn.

Edit: Didn't read his first post before I posted, but its still not necessarily illegal. As long as his brother has and uses his original serial number that came with his machine, its perfectly fine to make a copy of the disc so he can install it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
No it's not. You can only make copies for backup purposes. Regardless of whether or not you have an original serial number, you aren't allowed to make copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.