• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

applying to work at mac reseller

Reaction score
im considering applying to work at the mac reseller thats just opened near me and i was wondering what are the basic things i should know eg: specs and software.

ive got 2 macs myself so im not a complete dud haha

Reaction score
I haven't such experience.... So better do small search for reviews. I believe you will be able to get few interesting facts of that.
Good luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I'd treat it as per an Apple store interview. Know a lot about Macs, which you obviously do. A little windows knowledge helps heaps too. But just find out what to wear there as Apple store interviews are much more casual than for other companies.

And to answer your software question. Have a lookie in the store and see what software they are flogging. And learn up on that general area of software and you'll be ok.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Learn Apple's own primary sales pitches, practise selling a Mac to a Windows user you know and read up on the differences between the consumer products.

I worked for an Apple retailer for 3 years and the interview was a cinch to be honest. I basically had to explain to a "dummy" how the iPod works and try to come up with a few arguments why a "Windows user" should get a Mac.

More important than knowing all the specs is to appear "likeable" or "friendly": Most sales are about hitting it off with the customer and finding the right solution for their needs. The first part is up to you, the second part is easy when you're selling Apple products.

Apple - Get a Mac - Why you'll love a Mac
Apple - Get a Mac - Which Mac are you?
Apple - Get a Mac - FAQ

And if you get a chance, do a little research: Pop into the shop, see what the employees wear, how they interact with each other and customers and what products they're selling. Not saying you need to mimic them exactly, but it can't hurt to know what they're looking for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Great Advice Aptmunich.

As for learning about specs and the Mac's them selves, Go to the Apple Website and look at all the Computers that they off. If you choose buy now, you will see all the different configurations that are available also. Just lurk into the store and pay attention to how the other salesman are carrying about their business. To be honest with you, I think that I could tell you just about every product that apple has and all the configs. that they are available in. But.... Im not old enough to get hired yet..
Just peep the website and you will learn quite a bit of stuff.
Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.