Fantastic Macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Hi Guys
Well! i have had my new MacBook for 2 days now and I just have to say FANTASTIC!, this is my first Mac, always had Windows Comps up to now and if anyone here is thinking of going Mac next time I would say, yes go for it, its been so easy to set up the way I like. I have a mate that upgraded to a new Vista laptop 2 months ago, and he is still having problems, its been nothing but trouble and he has said that he wishes he had never seen Vista.

When I first opened up my Mac, it found my home network and was online in about 30sec, the fastest I have ever known, and it seems to pickup the signal so much stronger than my last lappy and to date has not dropped the connection. I have also downloaded Neo Office after good advice and help from this forum. So you could say I am very happy with my new MacBook.

This Forum is also so good and so much help with any advice needed.

Chris:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
Welcome to the fold :)
Isn't it nice to have a computer that "just works"?

Reaction score
Congrats on the positive experience. Welcome to the fold!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.0 GHz/1 GB/80
Hey Cherokee:

Nice Parker:headphone

Pacman

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
I find the whole it "just works" thing a bit cheesy and not true. I'm pretty sure its not just me, but my mac doesn't always "just work". I'll add to the cheesiness and say sometimes it "just doesn't work". In reality no computer just works. :closed:

Keep in mind this is coming from someone with no biased for Mac or PC. I use both. I like both.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Anthony, what sort of issues do you have that are keeping your Mac from "just working"?

I'm not being biased, but I personally find that everything does work rather seamlessly on my Macbook. I have yet to experience any of the problems that I have while using Windows and I can do pretty much anything I set my mind to on my Mac. So yes, for me it "just works".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
well the only area in which it doesn't "just work" is with mp3 players. The list of supported mp3 players is very short on Apple's website. This isn't always Apple's fault though, as such with the Zune. sometimes products are made to just work with PCs, sad as it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
well the only area in which it doesn't "just work" is with mp3 players. The list of supported mp3 players is very short on Apple's website. This isn't always Apple's fault though, as such with the Zune. sometimes products are made to just work with PCs, sad as it is.

In that case, it would be the hardware you're trying to interface that "just doesn't work"
Your Mac does. ;)
Regarding the Zune, at first, the thing wouldn't even work with Vista.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not saying that my Mac isn't great I'm just saying it has its problems just like PC's have thier problems. My Mac has frozen up on me for no apparent reason just like my PC sometimes freezes up. Sometimes functions stop working randomly such as the right click, which I have to restart to fix. Other things such as Airports doesn't always connect on the first try to wireless connections that I know are available (my home connection with full signal). Sometimes I have to try to connect two or three times before it will connect.

Also there were a few physical issues with my Macbook when I first got it, such as my apostrophe button not being nearly sensitive enough (wouldn't even work if touch typing note) and my trackpad button sticking. But every computer has its problems so I'm not implying that its a horrible product because it had a few issues.

These things don't happen all the time but they do happen. I mean the same goes for my PC. But I I'm not going to come out and flat out say my Mac is better than my PC. I mean my PC may not look as nice but I have just as many problems with it as I do with my Mac.

To quote Maddox: "If everything on a Mac just works, then why does a website called 'Mac fix it' exist..."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
I have connected cameras, printers, mice, USB pen drives, external hard drives and connected to numerous wired and wireless networks and all have just worked. Not had any of the problems I have had with Windows XP, especially on the networking side of things, maybe it is just me but connecting Windows to a wireless network seems such as pain...maybe I was trying to overcomplicate things. All I know is with my MacBook it finds the network and connects, if not just select the AirPort thing in the title bar and select the one you want to connect to, type in the WPA password or whatever and you are away.

I also have friends who are also having problems with Vista. I will only consider upgrading to Vista after about a year when Microsoft has sorted all the problems out and all of the drivers and software has been updated. Why there are so many problems is beyond me, when they were developing it for what seems like a lifetime had it beta tested, spent billions of dollars on it and still they can't release a stable operating system (until they come out with SP2 or something in a couple of years :D ). Apple have much less resources, do it all in-house and in much less time and produce an operating system much more stable and leaps and bounds ahead of any Microsoft operating system, why people still buy Microsoft is beyond me, I am much happier now I am on a Mac, much less hassle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't see why there should be a problem with Windows connecting to wireless. All you do is open network manager and click view wireless networks, click the one you want and hit connect. And if windows notices a familiar wireless connection it will automatically connect to it...

But as for Vista; its a brand new operating system, it was just released, of course there will be some driver issues you just have to give them time to release the drivers.

Your question on why people still buy Microsoft products has a simple answer; they're cheaper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
We've already spoken so this is just an official hello, welcome and congratulations!

OP
chrisiw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
Thanks For All The Feedback Guys.

Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.