Wake iMac for Fax?

Reaction score
iMac El Capitan,

I still use the USB fax on the iMac. One of the main reasons why I still use EL Capitan.

Contrary to Apple, Faxing is still important in this world, and I do enough of it using the USB port with a USB fax modem, works great, easy to use, and free.

My question is how to I wake my iMac when a Fax is being received. I seem to be losing important documents if the iMac is not awake.

I have an app named Amphetamine but I am not sure how to use it for this requirement.

Help?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Amphetamine should keep your iMac from sleeping. It's simple to use. You should, however, turn off the screen at a designated time, but that will not impact keeping the iMac awake so that you can receive faxes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
You can stop your Mac from going to sleep. Look in System Preferences > Energy Saver.

Bob -

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.