Need help recvering Notes (linked to gmail) that vanished but are sitll on one phone

Reaction score
hi

Need help recovering Notes (linked to gmail) that vanished but are still on one iphone offline.

I have over 400 notes with graphics that magically disappeared from my iMac last week, i tried looking in the gmail account over chrome but they where not there or in the trash,

i then noticed them still on one of our older iphones i recently changed the password for my gmail account which went offline on the iphone, i want to know how i can back them up or restore them..

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
On the older iPhone, can you AirDrop them? Or “Share” them?

Bob -

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
You will have to click on the folder, and see what options are available to you, for that version of iOS? Explore all your options.

Bob -

OP
M
Reaction score
ios 12.1.4

seems to be a drag

do you think there is a osx app that can mount the iphone hd?

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Can't verify this at the moment because my MBP is with Apple for battery replacement but I think you can access these files with iMazing on macOSX.

OP
M
Reaction score
- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Can't verify this at the moment because my MBP is with Apple for battery replacement but I think you can access these files with iMazing on macOSX.

I purchased both the iMazing which does not import notes along with their folder structure and any images within them
as well as iExplorer, this does import folders with notes in them but only text or pdf WITH OUT images again!

I am very disappointed with the way Apple Notes handles things, i also noticed that if you move a copy of a note to another gmail account, icloud etc all the content such as images in the notes are lost, you can only copy everything in a note and paste it to another.

I was hoping to find an app to virtually browse my iphone and drag and drop or copy all the contents inside the note., but i still to find such an app,

When i used os9 and osx there where apps where i used to be able to see a virtual ipad1 and ipad 2 on my desk top, able to drag and drop apps from my desk top etc,

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Hmm, you're stretching my memory here, and as said I don't have my laptop at the moment but isn't the option in iTunes to use a connected iOS device for data still available? That way it would as you recall appear on your desktop as a storage device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Do you have a backup of the iMac from before the "magic" moment the notes disappeared? If so, you can probably restore the notes from that backup.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hmm, you're stretching my memory here, and as said I don't have my laptop at the moment but isn't the option in iTunes to use a connected iOS device for data still available? That way it would as you recall appear on your desktop as a storage device.

not that im aware of, i have iTunes 12.3,

i had a older version with all the way more advanced features such as been able to sync apps offline with out my geo location and other info boomeranging through the internet to Apple servers and then back to my phone sitting a few inches from my computer just to sync a note or memo., but those good old are gone since Steve passed away.

looks like i have to copy and paste all the contents of a note to new note linked to another gmail account 400 plus times if i want my notes with images to stay intact, after all - it is 2019 and we have a long way to go still at apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
You can move them to icloud then pick up on another device.

Open Notes, click on Edit > Move All > iCloud

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Great tip, Sue. I'd completely forgotten about that. I've now moved everything to iCloud from the various iDevices we've got.

Ian

OP
M
Reaction score
You can move them to icloud then pick up on another device.

Open Notes, click on Edit > Move All > iCloud

View attachment 29537

View attachment 29538

I have been using your method to move notes into new folders of my ios icloud notes which sync back to my iMac etc

Google itself does not offer the option to create folders, at least from what i understand, so when the notes all disappeared the folders they where in remained, which is good because they where organised and they are allot, hundreds., ill go through them every other day.

thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.