• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I remember that song and a few others as well. Starting to show my age.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Isn’t everyone Irish on St Patrick’s Day?

I’m Italian every day of the year.....

But still Happy St Patrick’s Day to all.

Bob -

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Lots of folks in my area with Irish backgrounds...which means lots of parties/get-togethers!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
It has been a great Saint Patrick's Day, complete with a weekend visit by our son and his wife now living in Vancouver.

And yes there's some Irish in my genes. What a coincidence eh??? :Smirk:

I hope everyone had a good one.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
https://www.google.com/search?q=sai...rome..69i57.5775j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

"When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" ........ Anyone remember that song?

To our good friends in Ireland and all their descendants here in the US and elsewhere,

A Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

My paternal grandmother was 100% Irish (so I'm 25%!) - she was born on Beaver Island in upper Lake Michigan in the late 1880s (one of her parents was an immigrant from Ireland while the other was first USA generation of Irish immigrants) - the community was basically Irish and she grew up speaking Gaelic - as a teen I played the accordion and 'When Irish Eyes Are Smiling' was a standard for me, along w/ several others such as 'Danny Boy' - I grew up in southern Michigan near Toledo but made several trips to the island via a ferry from Charlevoix (see map). Dave :)
Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 11.53.12 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My paternal grandmother was 100% Irish (so I'm 25%!) - she was born on Beaver Island in upper Lake Michigan in the late 1880s

A rather nice looking place with lots of intriguing history it seems and still lots of Irish influence according to a quick Google tour.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A rather nice looking place with lots of intriguing history it seems and still lots of Irish influence according to a quick Google tour.

Hi Patrick - a delayed response, sorry. Beaver Island indeed has a fascinating history even before the Irish immigrants turned the isle into an Irish community. In the 1840s, James Strang led a group of Mormons to the island (about the time Brigham Young went west to Utah) and set himself up as the King of Beaver Island - apparently, he wasn't much liked and was assassinated - there's even a book on the subject shown below - I lent my copy to my cousin (daughter of my father's brother) who recently took a trip there and traced some of our family history. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 2.38.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 2.39.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 2.41.26 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
a delayed response, sorry. Beaver Island indeed has a fascinating history even before the Irish immigrants turned the aisle into an Irish community.

Thanks, Dave, and quite interesting.

Actually, some parts are very similar to the early developments on some local islands around my area, and also a sect community on one.

At least they seem to have some nice fish left.
YouTube
Video: Great Big Minnows, the Carp of Beaver Island - Orvis News

The ferry trip is also quite familar to our BC Ferries between the mainland and the Island(s), but they are much larger vessles.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, Dave, and quite interesting.

Actually, some parts are very similar to the early developments on some local islands around my area, and also a sect community on one.

At least they seem to have some nice fish left.
YouTube
Video: Great Big Minnows, the Carp of Beaver Island - Orvis News

The ferry trip is also quite familar to our BC Ferries between the mainland and the Island(s), but they are much larger vessles.....

Enjoyed the video - been to BC several times, mainly Vancouver and the island, including Victoria & Port Hardy - took an overnight cruise and other activities - would like to return - Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
would like to return - Dave

You're more than welcome here anytime Dave and please bring a Carolina accent with you, we provide extras for doing so. :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.