HELP! Imac mid 2012 running bootcamp with Windows CANNOT mount Mac HDD

Reaction score
Hello!

I am hoping the expertise on this site can help! I have woken up to an Imac that simply doesn't boot past 3/4s of the apple logo progress bar, and shuts off immediately once there. I then ran Recovery; no TimeMachine backups were found to recover to, and once I went to Disk Utility it would only show Disk2s0 and that it was unmounted! Any attempts at FirstAid and recovery of this disk didn't bear any fruit and i'm at my wits end. (I also tried to reinstall the OS and it said all the disks had SMART errors)

The only ONLY consolation I feel is that through bootcamp which I installed Windows through ages ago, I can run Windows completely, fine after some tweaking. Is there ANY ANY way I can recover some of my irreplaceable important data from the seemingly failed Disk2s0. As on the boot page It doesn't even recognize a Mac Hdd. Please please help and thanks so much in advance!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Do you have any backups? You mentioned Time Machine, but didn't actually say you HAD TM backups. If you do, you may be able to boot from those backups sufficiently to get to recover the partition.

Also, what Mac, what version of the OS is on the machine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
When you are logged in to winOS, can you see the macOS partition?

Bob -

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.