Problems Logging In iPhone & iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 Retina 3.4, 16gb Catalina 10.15.3, iPhone XR, iPad 9.7
Tried to log into my iPhone & iPad and neither will accept my password. No problem with my iMac. I caught the tail end on the news about a apple hack but couldn't find anything about it yet. Anyone else having issues like this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
What do you mean, "log into my iPhone & iPad"? Apple ID/iCloud log in, or Mac-Forums log in, or other?

OP
KennyC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry Bob, unlock the screens is what I should have said. Spent 1 hr with apple chat and ended up doing a restore on iPhone, still downloading apps now. I was on iPhone early this morning then tried to open iPad and it wouldn't accept finger or code to unlock and after so many tries it locked me out. I must be having a senior moment because I swear I put the correct code in to unlock screen. Then I could not get iPhone to unlock and everything went south. Luckily I have both backing up to iCloud so the restore went fine on iPhone but it took some time due to I'm sure my internet bandwidth. Can't get iPad to go into restore yet may because iPhone is still updating. will advise when fixed.

OP
KennyC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well it seems the directions I was given to by Apple of quickly pressing the up then down volume and holding the top button down until it goes into restore doesn't work. After another chat episode with Apple they told me to hold down together the home & top button and that is what worked for me. Everything is pretty much back to normal now, just letting the apps restore now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.