• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

It's time to say goodbye

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mojave 10.14.3, Late 2015, 21.5" display, 2.8ghz, 16GB
Well after about 2 years of using a Mac and an Iphone, this old dog is switching back. I used Windows for about 35 years, and one day got fed up with an old out-of-date Pc that was acting stupid and made the switch to Apple products. Well, sadly I guess I am the epitome of the "You can't teach an old dog new tricks". This old dog just couldn't make the transition to the point of being comfortable on the Mac. I tried, but I also don't have the time to spend many hours on the computer playing with it to see how things work.
My long friend Mac-using friend is purchasing my Mac and I am having a new PC built for me.
I just wanted to thank those people that took the time to answer all my seemingly stupid questions. There was always someone there to chime in with an answer to my problems, and many times there were multiple responses. This is a solid group with many very knowledgeable people that are quick and eager to help someone reaching out for assistance.
Thanks for all your help......and adios.

ReinyRooster

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We're sorry to see you go but if you're uncomfortable with using a Mac and would rather go back to Windows and a PC, then that's what you should do.

I'm glad that we were able to provide help to you when you needed it.

Your membership with us will remain so that if you ever want to come back, just keep track of your user name and password. You'll always be welcome.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Well ReinyRooster - sorry to see you go - I was on PCs for years (job related) and switched to Apple when I retired - has been 8 years now and don't regret the change at all - but for yourself, enjoy getting reacquainted w/ malware, i.e. bad viruses, trojans and other nasties - hope to see you return. Dave :)

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
See ya on the "flip-flop" Reiny. We'll be here when you return.:)

Also don't forget...we discuss other technology products as well...and you may be surprised how much Windows knowledge there is here also!:)

- Nick

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Well after about 2 years of using a Mac and an Iphone, this old dog is switching back.

It's sad to see you go Reiny, but it was nice to have another Canuck here among the mac-forums membership, and good luck with your new Windows machine and its OS. And all the other bits that sometimes but usually oftentimes that goes with it. :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.