message box"dont recognize drive"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mini 16gig/Air 2017 4gig
I have an SD card in my Air now permanently for booting Ubuntu live sessions. It works well and is very fast. But when I start up the Macbook
it pops a box that says something like"dont recognize drive etc" and gives options like initialize and ignore among others.
How can I get rid of this pop up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
IT's hard to diagnose "something like" problems. Can you give the exact error message? I think I read in another thread you reformatted the card away from what had worked to something else that caused the issue. Why not go back to what worked?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have an SD card in my Air now permanently for booting Ubuntu live sessions. It works well and is very fast. But when I start up the Macbook
it pops a box that says something like"dont recognize drive etc" and gives options like initialize and ignore among others.
How can I get rid of this pop up?

When macOS starts up, it reads all USB and SD devices that are attached and since it does not recognize the file system or format of the SD card it will display the error. I don't believe there is any way for you to eliminate the pop up error as long as you leave the SD card inserted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.