2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Do you mean like a watermark?

- Nick

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Sierra 10.12.4
Not sure on the difference.Just wanting to put a symbol and name on each of my photos i.e..©️davidknight

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The fastest (and possible crudest) way is to just use Preview. Open the photo, then SHIFT+CMD+a to get the Toolbar. Choose the [T] (text) icon and click somewhere on the photo. In the box that appears, double click on the 'text' and hit OPTION+g to get the copyright symbol and the rest of your text. Format it (font, color, size) the way you want and place it where you want. Save the image and you have your symbol.

There are also many programs that can do this for you, so search for photo watermarking tools to find them.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Sierra 10.12.4
Ashwin,Works a treat. Magic.Many thanks

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Sierra 10.12.4
Ashwin,Is there a way of rotating the text?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA

Preview is limited in those kinds of capabilities. Perhaps Photos can do a better job with Markup (this is what they call it in there) and has better control for placement/angle and so on. If that doesn't work, then you might have to go with more of a photo editing app which will definitely give you a lot more control.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)

if you have Lightroom then inserting an "identity plate" onto your image and then rotating it is easy. Not sure how to do it otherwise sorry.

krs

Reaction score

I can see two ways to do this in Preview.
If you want to rotate the text by 90 degrees, the just rotate the image first, the annotate and then rotate the image back to its original position.

If you use a Mac with a trackpad, this is supposed to work but I have not tried that:
Select the text box, then hold down Command key. With two fingers on the trackpad (forefinger and middle finger), keep one forefinger stationary and let the second finger rotate the textbox in whichever direction you want. This is tricky to do because sometimes the cursor or the page moves instead of the textbox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.