Got Presets mixed up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M2 16GB Memory Apple M2 Chip, Somona
I have a problem with Lightroom 4 Presets files mixed up in folders badly also lost some presets when I installed 75 new presets and wanted to restore using Carbon Copy Cloner and LeCie that I back up 2 hour before. Tried using Command + R to install previous files, failed because its looking for Time Machine that I dont use. Want it open LeCie so thats out . Boot back to normal and tried CCC and LeCie, I m not sure how to restore. Just thought of iCloud, is that possible? THought to ask here if anyone can suggest how to do that
Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Ron:

You need to boot from the LaCie (your CCC backup drive) and CCC will automatically inform you that you're running from a backup and it will offer to restore for you. Just restore the entire backup from the CCC LaCie drive. I have done that numerous times and it works well.

Make sure you know how to boot from the LaCie. Hold down your Option key as soon as you hear the Bong! sound and keep holding it until the LaCie drive appears on the desktop as a choice to boot from. Make sure the arrow is pointing to the LaCie and then press enter. That's all there is to it.

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ron:

You need to boot from the LaCie (your CCC backup drive) and CCC will automatically inform you that you're running from a backup and it will offer to restore for you. Just restore the entire backup from the CCC LaCie drive. I have done that numerous times and it works well.

Make sure you know how to boot from the LaCie. Hold down your Option key as soon as you hear the Bong! sound and keep holding it until the LaCie drive appears on the desktop as a choice to boot from. Make sure the arrow is pointing to the LaCie and then press enter. That's all there is to it.

Charlie, I did exactly what you ve explained, First it ask for network with password then I point the arrow to LeCie then click enter, takes a while for window to pop up, I get normal window screen and waited for offer to restore that I dont see ?? What did I do wrong??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Ron, I have not gotten the prompt that Charlie referred to when I've booted from my CCC backup, so it's possible that you have done nothing wrong at all. I would check to see if you are, in fact, booted from that external and if so, then just run CCC and clone that drive back to the internal, as Charlie suggested.

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ron, I have not gotten the prompt that Charlie referred to when I've booted from my CCC backup, so it's possible that you have done nothing wrong at all. I would check to see if you are, in fact, booted from that external and if so, then just run CCC and clone that drive back to the internal, as Charlie suggested.

Got it installed correctly, All I have to do is open CCC and saw restore there, did that and it went beautifully
Thanks, Charlie and Jake

THANK GOD FOR BACKUP I ALWAYS DO !

What Charlie suggest above by holding Option Key, I wonder if its the same thing if I go to System Preference/Startup Disk/point at LeCie then restart ??

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.