2012 MacBook Pro 13” No Display :/

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently acquired a 2012 MacBook Pro that works great when hooked up to an external monitor but doesn’t show anything on the display. I don’t think the lcd is working because I can shine a flashlight to see if the backlight is bad but I don’t see a display. I can replace the lcd myself but the screen looks like it’s brand new. Where on the logic board should I look in case something needs to be replaced? I have equipment to replace any bad parts on the logic board but I couldn’t see anything that might be bad. If I replace the lcd I don’t know if my problem will be fixed and I don’t want to sink in a lot of money.

Thanks,

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Where on the logic board should I look in case something needs to be replaced?

I would make sure all cables are inserted properly and aren't damaged. A great place to check out for this is ifixit.com. They have DIY procedures there for just about any Apple product (including lots of photos). Look up your model MacBook Pro...then look at one of the procedures relating to replacing the display...and it should show what cables to verify.

HTH,:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.