Wired Speakers for iphone X

Reaction score
I link my iphone X with my my hearing aids by bluetooth, so I'm looking for a speaker options that I can plug my iphone X into rather than pairing via bluetooth. I want everyone in the room to be able to hear the speaker, not just me through my hearing aids. The other option, of course, is for me to unlink my hearing aids from bluetooth while listening and bluetooth my phone to the speakers, but I've found that the current speaker option I have seems to have a hard time pairing, so I was wanting to find a wired option (this is for a specific work situation, in which I want music in a specific room all day from my iphone - so bluetooth pairing not needed and it seems like it would be easier to just plug in the iphone to a speaker, but I can't seem to find anyone online who makes such a thing - I only find bluetooth). Any ideas? TIA.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Look for a speaker hat has a 3.5 mm jack on it (headphone jack). That would allow you to use a lighning to headphone connector and the appropriate cable to connect it to the speaker. I just tested this with a UE Boom 2 speaker and it works fine because the speaker accepts wired and Bluetooth connections.

There are cheaper alternatives out there so check around a bit. For this to work it needs the 3.5 mm headphone connector and a rechargeable battery The first one I tried was really cheap but it drew power from a USB connection. I don't have to tell you that made it really inconvenient.

Here's another speaker that should work and is cheaper. The cable in the bundle on that page is the type you would need. Never used that particular brand of speaker but it's another exmple of what's out there.

You can still pair the speaker via Bluetooth from time to time if need be.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.