5GB storage is useless so here is my plan; thoughts wanted

Reaction score
I have an iphone and an ipad, The mail is IMAP, the photos ate backed up top google photos, and the documents are in Dropbox. I occasionally back up to iTunes. A Genius at the Apple Store said that I don't even really need that because since everything is actually saved somewhere, when I get a new device and sign it my iCloud purchases are restored, and the other things when I sign in to those Apps. He said that you can select not to back up to iCloud but still have the iOS devices sync Messages, Notes, Safari passwords. Is anyone doing this? What do you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Farina - first, I agree that Apple is really stingy still offering only 5GB of 'free' storage - should be increased! Now, if you check their rates HERE for additional storage, just a buck a month to go to 50 GB which is what I have done - SO, look at what you need and decide to pay the rather minimal price for more storage - up to you. Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.