sophos

Reaction score
insrtalled sophos on iMac today. immediately lost use of email. ability to save files or restart he computer. sophos tech was no help on removing sophos until i got angry then sent link to forum. forum not in use newer oidt3 yrs old.no way to pst new thread . got angrier, received link to download sophos removal app. i think it worked. So my advice stay as far from sophos as you can get. it's a avirus.

jmickeyg

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Since there are no viruses for a Mac, using any anti virus software whether Sophos or not is useless and unnecessary. Glad you got it removed, you should stay away from ALL of these types of software.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
If you search our Forums or specifically look at the postings of Randy B. Singer; or indeed use Google, you will Sophos is no friend of Macs. Indeed it can cause chaos.

One lesson learnt, keep away from Windows AV software "modified" for Macs by people who don't understand how Macs operate.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.