Getting a Epson ET2750 printer to work on a iMac under Mojavie

Reaction score
Anyone had any luck getting a new Epson to work on a Mac running 10.14 ? Went out today and purchased a new Epson printer but when I got home I find that it doesn't look like Epson has a working driver for it, am I just missing it someplace or is that what it is ? Sucks having a brand new printer and you can't print anything...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Normally, Epson does not supply macOS drivers along with its printer, but instead relies on the Apple printer data base to install the correct driver when you attach the printer. What have you tried? Sometimes resetting the printer data base may help. Here's how:

Remove the printer from USB and if it's wireless, turn it off completely then....

Open 'System Preferences' found in the Mac OS X dock, then open 'Printer & Scanners' which can be found in 'System Preferences'. Hold down the Control key (Ctrl) as you click in the list at the left, then choose 'Reset printing system...' from the menu that appears.

Turn the printer on, hook it up USB and see if your Mac recognizes it and installs drivers. After that, you can tackle getting it to run wireless. Epson instructions for wireless should be included with the printer instructions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I don't see it listed under Apple's list of supported printers:
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201465#Epson

That's not to say that it won't work, but it's not very encouraging either.

I'd exchange it for one that IS Mac supported or Mac drivers AND is on super sale AND make sure it can use generic inks AND can work when one of the ink cartridges/chambers are empty.

I didn't see it listed in the Gutenprint supported printers list either:
http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
I found what Dennis found on the Epson Support website.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
James just emailed me. The driver in that URL solved it for him.

I have had good luck in the past with Epson printers and scanners and OSX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
James just emailed me. The driver in that URL solved it for him.

I have had good luck in the past with Epson printers and scanners and OSX.

That's Great, and it's good to know that even if Apple doesn't supply a driver (per their support page) at least Epsom does. Nice.

I guess the OP missed it, but don't most new printers these days come with at least some form of set up instructions. Including Macs If they are supported.

But even then, it seems that some instructions no longer work when Apple has changed some setup procedure depending on the OS version.

Good work Dennis.

- Patrick
======

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have not bought a new Epson in so long I don't know much about them any longer. Most new printers come with a basic setup sheet that in most cases does not tell you much which is sad. Like Charlie I found with my newish HP laser to get WiFi printing working and it kept failing till I ignored the sheet and just hit the PAIR button on the printer and router. 30 seconds and it came alive! :D Grin

OP
James
Reaction score
Thank you Dennis

Thanks for the help Dennis I figured I could count on you to find an answer for me. Would have been up a creek without your help, but once again you came through for me just like you usually have done over the last 20 or so years. Have the printer up and working using a USB connection and will have the wi fi connection up and running some time today as soon as I can change the password in the router. Really wanted to try out one of the new Epson eco-tank systems, glad I didn't have to take it back.

OP
James
Reaction score
Oh ya just wanted to say thanks again for showing me where to find the place in the Epson to turn on the WPS, had looked for it but hadn't seen it yet, made big difference just push the WPS in the Epson and on the Netgear router and there ya be, all connected Wi-Fi...Without having to give password...works nice..

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.