WINE and PC Version Tomb Raider Legend issue

Reaction score
Despite successful installation and the CD ROM trying to run in the disc drive when I click Play via the autorun, my Mac throws up the following message:

'No disc inserted. Please insert the original TombRaider7 CD/DVD.'

I'm running on a Macbook Pro El Capitan OS, I've gone through winecfg and changed the target directory in WINE manually as autodetect thought the CD drive was a floppy!
I've installed Xquartz 2.7.7 and checked the game's compatability against WINEHQ website and it's rated Silver/Platinum.

I've tried Wineskin/ Virtualbox and I really don't want to go down the root of Bootcamp (again) as it screwed my system over nor do I have a hard copy of XP anymore.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could please guide me in how I can fix this. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

Is the disc an original TombRaider7 one or is it a copy? If it's original, it appears that it's not being recognized.

I personally have tried to run Windows games via WINE with some success. However, any game or app that is fairly complex is a crap shoot with WINE. I can't speak for VirtualBox since I have never tried running games when I had it installed. Boot Camp on the other hand, always worked well.

Not sure how you can fix it other than keep trying all the tricks that are available with using Wineskin. Also, I believe they still have a forum up that you can ask for help from there.

PS: I like your Kitty.

OP
Dragoness
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. Yes, the CD is an original copy hence why I’m a little frustrated that I can’t play the Tomb Raider series anymore (and I have the full collection in PC version except for one )

I have tried to sign up to their forum but I failed their anti-bot test. I didn’t have the answers to their rather difficult questions so I’ve gotta wait to try again.
I’ll try Wineskin again to see if I get any further; I’m not ready to give up yet.

Thank you for your compliment, she was my late cat; Bella whom I lost back in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums

OP
Dragoness
Reaction score
I’ve done it! Took me a total 4 days to figure it but I got there.

WINESKIN
Engine: WS8WineCXG10.3.0
Wrapper: Wineskin-2.6.2

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for posting back. I know from experience it's not easy to get a Windows game running right with WINE. Looks like your efforts paid off.

Have fun. :app

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.