Problem using an old OS9 font in OSX

Reaction score
Hello, I'm running into a problem trying to load an old OS9 font in OSX that I bought years ago from Scriptorium Fontcraft.com (created in 1998). The font is Pyle Buccaneer. Does anyone know of a program or way to get it to load in OSX?

When I try to load it, it first shows "1 serious error was found. Do not use this font." Then if I select and try to install it anyway, it simply does no show up in Font Book.

Thanks in advance!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If the OS is complaining warning and tell you it's not going to work, then you can't force it. Perhaps you can try to get an updated version of that font if you really want that specific one and something that's specific to OS X as opposed to the previous generation OS.

OP
Vanderdecken
Reaction score
Thanks Ashwin!

I sent them a message to see if I can get the updated version, It's a killer font and I still use it on a G4 in OS9, I'll spring another $29 for it if need be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.