Printing Wireless Breakthrough

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 Retina 3.4, 16gb Catalina 10.15.3, iPhone XR, iPad 9.7
When I upgraded by Router a little over a year ago because of more wifi devices here speed/bandwidth was what I was looking for and one that I could attach an external hd & printer. So having an older brother printer hl-1440 that has been a workhorse I attached it to my new Linksys AC2600 router. Linksys uses a program once setup call USB Control Center. Which lets users connect one user at a time and acts like a network printer that is connected to our home network. Worked great.

Now after switching to a Mac w/ Mojave I connected my two older printers and to my surprise they both worked, so now I figured I'm set. Well Linksys has macOS drivers for this program except for Mojave. So I've been unable to print for a couple months on my mac due to this so thinking maybe it's time to upgrade and just about bought a new printer. So out of chance this morning I went to Linksys website and behold the new driver for Mojave is ther.:)

I know probable some are thinking why not just get a new printer and be done with it. Well my brother printer uses a manual duplexing and after spending time in IT and working around printers I noticed auto duplexing was a weak link, a lot of paper jams and not working and so on so it left a lasting impression, especially that my manual duplex worked flawless.

Anyway I'm printing from my mac this morning and I can still get toner, drum and parts for a at least 10 yr old printer. Gotta love that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I know probable some are thinking why not just get a new printer and be done with it. Well my brother printer uses a manual duplexing and after spending time in IT and working around printers I noticed auto duplexing was a weak link, a lot of paper jams and not working and so on so it left a lasting impression, especially that my manual duplex worked flawless.

Anyway I'm printing from my mac this morning and I can still get toner, drum and parts for a at least 10 yr old printer. Gotta love that.

Likewise my experience with an older HP Laserjet printer. My printer is going on 15 years old but still works with Mojave and I can still order toner off the internet at a discounted price. My HP also does manual duplex and works great with 3 hole commercial paper that we use for our folders.

I remember using an automatic duplex copier that we had at one time... when it was working right it was a time saver, but oh those paper jams! LOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.