Default Email Change

Reaction score
I hope this is this is the right place to post.

I have a MacBook Air running 10.13.6 High Sierra. My default email app is Microsoft Outlook. I want out of Outlook and when I click on a link on a webpage to contact a company or group or whatever I want Gmail to open instead of Outlook.

Any help as always, I am grateful for.

sorry f this s the wrong place to post this message.

Bill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
What is your Mail.app Preferences set for what email app you want to use? ie: General tab > what email client app is it set to?

I'm assuming that you use Mail.app for your Gmail mail. Then your Mail.app Preferences should be set to use Mail.app.

- Patrick
======

OP
W
Reaction score
What is your Mail.app Preferences set for what email app you want to use? ie: General tab > what email client app is it set to?

I'm assuming that you use Mail.app for your Gmail mail. Then your Mail.app Preferences should be set to use Mail.app.

- Patrick
======

Thank you Patric. I have gone under General and switched back to MAIL from Outlook, Also under ACCOUNTS I removed the old email address associated with MAIL and OUTLOOK so all that remans are iCloud and GOOGLE.

How am I doing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
How am I doing?

That sounds about right, and would be if everything is working well.

Try sending yourself a message from each account and make sure comes in.

Also, You don't have to remove any old e-mail accounts or addresses from Mail as there should be a checkbox for each that should allow you to disable each account.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.