Smart watches

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
My radio controlled watch that, with its identical predecessor, has given many years good service, has gone wrong. As a repair will cost upwards of £40 I am considering buying a smart watch. With even the Series 1 Apple watch selling at around £100 I wonder if anyone can advise on iOS compatible watches. There are some very cheap unbranded ones around. Presumably the cheapest are mostly Chinese and may not be secure.

Does anyone on the Forum have experience of cheaper models that are reliable and secure. I'm not really interested in fitness apps etc.

Can anyone also explain what a touch screen glass digitizer is?

Last edited:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Thread moved - Please pay attention to where you are posting your threads.

The only watch fully supported by iOS is the Apple Watch. Any of the other brands will only partially provide support. At the end of the day, you need to decide WHAT you want a smart watch for as opposed to a regular watch. Fitness is definitely one of the big reasons for a smart watch, also being able to have notifications is another key one.

The digitizer is the LCD/touch screen combination that powers all devices these days.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.