Clean install OS X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M2 16GB Memory Apple M2 Chip, Somona
My Laptop is running slow since the update, Was nice and fast since I had modem upgraded to 400 mbps. Do u think if I do clean install would help the slowness. If I do Can I use Journal and Guid in setting before format rather than APFS and Guid ?? I ve done Onyx and clean up doesn't make any difference..I have High Sierra 10.13.6
Thank You

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I put it in safe mode and did Disk Ultlity, found hard drive was corrupted ( yellow triangle ), was advised to do Disk Utility in Recovery mode so I did and was going to reinstall High Sierra then said. nah, I restarted back to normal and went thru web much. faster like back to what I had... Going to see if it good for few days, if not then maybe restore H/S...Do u think restore H/S might do if need to?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Going to see if it good for few days, if not then maybe restore H/S...Do u think restore H/S might do if need to?

If it's working fine and it sounds like DU fixed the problem, why expose your SSD to excessive wear and tear with a complete restore??

Just carry on...

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@Ron:

You need to take it seriously whenever your drive needs repair. SSDs can fail without notice so be sure to backup your data daily. Use CCC and Time Machine to make sure.

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Comcast Tech was here and found my modem setting was screwed up, wrong password, 8 to 10 updates not doing its job and its back log... He reset it to factory setting and catch up on updates that takes more than hour. Bingo runs fast and getting avg 480 Mbps...
Happy now...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.