Apple Smart Battery Case for XS Max

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Baseline 2017 Macbook Pro
Hi everyone!
Recently I bought the smart battery case for my iPhone but some quirks have started to pop up.
The orange light that is supposed to turn on hasn't anymore, so its hard to tell its charging when I plug it in by itself.
Also, when I do use it, the battery is at 0 or 1 percent, so it basically won't charge if I don't have a phone in it.

I usually don't wirelessly charge it btw, mostly use my wire.
If anyone else is having this issue or has solved it, I'd really appreciate the help. Especially bc of how expensive the product is :(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You should not let the smart battery case go down that low before recharging it. Like any other smart battery, letting it drain that low will shorten its life or even damage it. And if the case is not working properly, take it back to Apple and have them test it. If it's defective they'll replace it for free. The case is warranted for one year by Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.