PS Elements 2018.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Well, Adobe have done me no favours. They have dropped the Photomerge facility from it and now it's necessary to use a very clunky, to be method of dragging and aligning photos one by one. I suppose that it's OK for some, but has anyone any idea how I can get back to using Photomerge, or another bit of software, preferably a freebe that will do the same job?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nothing free that I know of John. But if you're willing to spend some ££, I suggest giving "Affinity Photo" a try. It's $49.99 in the Mac App Store but there are also some other apps there you can try. Most folks who are into photography really like that app. It's not as powerful as Adobe Photoshop but a lot less expensive!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
May I add some support for the Affinity app?

I posted an appraisal of several photo editing apps in a post to the Forums about a year or more ago; all of which I purchased and tested.

In this experiment, and allowing for personal taste, experience and bias, I came to the conclusion that Affinity was a significant step up from Photos and lay somewhere between Aperture and the equivalent Adobe products.

I carried this out because I was a great user of Aperture and sought out an equivalent or better at a reasonable price.

In my view, Affinity has the following merits:

In comparison with Adobe products, it is considerably cheaper.
It lies in capability, as said above, between Aperture and Adobe Photoshop.
It can be added as an extension to the Photos app as well as a standalone product.

NB. Very personal view. And I must state that I have no financial or other interest in this product or any other - which is why I purchased all those I tested. Free trials are fine, but don't give one enough time to assess the app and, in some cases, offer a paired-down product.

Having paid for them all, I can reasonably be excused bias in the financial or publicity areas.

Ian

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Ta muchly folks for the ideas. I will have a look into that Affinity Photo. I hadn't realised that I still have PS Elements 13 and when I looked back at it I couldn't fins the Photomerge, but that was just me looking in the wrong place:Blushing::Blushing:

We are out all day from early tomorrow, so it will be a bit later in the week. I think that the most anoying thing about the software is that you said 49.99 dollars Chas. Here it's 48.99 English beer tokens! That's $63. Not a bad mark up me-thinks?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.