Visual Hub with MacOS 10.11 and later

krs

Reaction score
I just tried a video conversion software called Visual Hub that I really liked for its many capabilities and that I thought had "died" long ago.

But to my surprise, version 1.29a dated 2007-2007 actually works with El Capitan, at least the 2 minute trial conversion of an mp4 video to avi.

Is anyone using that app with El Capitan or later?
I never found another app that has all the functionality of VH - all the ones that were suggested were missing some of the functionality I used regularly which mean using several apps whereas VH would not only do the conversions I needed but one could also adjust audio levels etc.

OP
krs

krs

Reaction score
I guess I can't edit the title......EmacOS 10.11 should of course just be macOS 10.11

But I just found this:
http://www.isquint.org/

So, for me at least, VH is good to go for a few years yet

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Just so you know the next major OS revision after Mojave will brerak VH again (and other 32 bit apps). I'm pretty sure it's a 32 bit app). Just out of curiousity what features are in VH that are not in other apps you've tried?

OP
krs

krs

Reaction score
Yes, it's a 32 bit application and I know it has a limited life.

What I used to do quite often is to join two videos, convert them and also increase the audio which is often too low for some MacBooks.
I vaguely remember VH being able to di o all this at the same time - never found another app that would do all this at once.
The replacements for VH that were suggested back in 2008 didn't do it - maybe today there is an option that will.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I can think of a few apps that do the conversion and joining at the same time. I'm not sure whether they are able to boost the audio within the same app. When I have a bit of free time I'll do a bit of poking around to see if I can find something.

If the videos start in an iMovie friendly format I think it would do this but I'm sure there are others as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.