iPhone 8 and iTunes

Reaction score
Hello,

For some reason my iPhone 8 no longer connects to my iTunes (version 12.9.2.5 on OS Mojave) ....the usb works fine as I can see the phone connected via system information and hardware (this also happens on my MacBook air). Everything on both devices is updated too.

Any help with this please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Then what do you mean "For some reason my iPhone 8 no longer connects to my iTunes (version 12.9.2.5 on OS Mojave)"? More specifics please?

I have noticed, I am having issues syncing my
iPhone 8+. I have to remove the plist file and let iTunes create a new one each time. But, I am thinking it has something to just installing, and starting to use iMazing, since I am new to it.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Yes please, emtaylor90.

Let's say you use a USB connection directly into your Mac (no hub).

You open iTunes. Do you see the iPhone icon at the top of the window (close to "Music")? - I do not mean in the Sidebar.

Yes - well then click on it and it will open the usual Window for syncing and updates etc.

If No - which is more likely given your post, have you tried the following:

Shut off your iPhone.
Force shut down your iPhone.
Rebooted your Mac

If none of these work, then re-download iTunes from here: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201352

I had this problem some months ago with my iPhone X and having AppleCare Plus, I got in touch with them and the re-download was the solution.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.