No Entry Logo then Loads then Shutsdown

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have this issue right now with my MBP mid 2012. When I turn it on, this is what it shows:
IMG_1291.JPG
then, for a while it will start to load like so
IMG_1292.JPG
then after that, it shuts down. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
i can't get it on disk utility

Try a different mouse or maybe use the directional arrow and enter keys on your keyboard. Using the enter/return key may work the same as a mouse click that I assume isn't working.

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
i can't get it on disk utility

What does that mean? You can't get into Recovery? Or you can get into Recovery and Disk Utility won't run? From your screen shot, it's likely that the hard drive has failed.

OP
W
Reaction score
What does that mean? You can't get into Recovery? Or you can get into Recovery and Disk Utility won't run? From your screen shot, it's likely that the hard drive has failed.

sorry, i meant i can't get into Recovery mode... and since you suggested that my hard drive has failed, i switched back to my old hdd instead of my ssd, now i'm getting a flashing folder question mark icon every time i turn it on.. :cry

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You know what I think? I think your SATA cable has failed. It's unlikely that both your SSD and HDD are bad. Order a new SATA cable from www.ifixit.com or eBay and see if that resolves the problem. They're easy to change out and are not expensive. The ifixit site has instructions.

OP
W
Reaction score
I Was able to enter recovery and it detected my ssd and my external hdd via sata cable enclosure. But it failed when i tried to use first aid on my ssd. Is it still cable issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
What drive is where? SSD and HDD? Is one internal, and one external? Which one are you getting to the Recovery partition with?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.