• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Superbowl

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hey...just 2 days before the American Football Superbowl...and no discussion. How can that be?? Lol

Patriots or Rams?:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) 8GB
Being born and raised in the Philadelphia area, we are naturally avid Eagles fan. Since the Eagles are not in it this year gotta stick with the NFC representative...go Rams !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 16GB/1TB, two 4K monitors/Mojave, Mac Book/Catalina, 2nd Mini in TV room for games/surfing
"... no discussion? How can that be?”

Probably because there’s little interest. One team doesn’t deserve to be there -- they got there by a fluke after losing to a better team; the other team got there on a coin flip and their QB’s an over-testosteroned jerk. I think the country should boycott this one.

Reaction score

Probably because there’s little interest. One team doesn’t deserve to be there -- they got there by a fluke after losing to a better team; the other team got there on a coin flip and their QB’s an over-testosteroned jerk. I think the country should boycott this one.

Gee I hate it when forum members pull punches. Please just be honest with us about how you feel :rofl

I am getting tired of the Patriots being in the Super Bowl, so I guess I'll be cheering for the Rams ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Remember, sports are entertainment, the games are played for a certain "time" period. The game should not be decided on a 00:01 second play, as there were 59:59, that also could have won or lost the game. The better team(s) won.

I haven't watched much football this season, maybe the last 3 games of the season, and the playoff games as well. Being from New England, I'll hope the Pats win Sunday night, but I'll enjoy the Boston Bruins game more, Sunday afternoon.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I have little-to-no idea what you're talking about; but I know it's important.

I have to say that my thoughts about the USA in the last few days have been dominated by the unprecedented and appalling weather. My hopes and wishes are directed to the many who have been, and still are, suffering.

Maybe the Superbowl will, in some measure, compensate for the misery by focussing the nation's attention on what is, I gather, a long established sporting treasure.

Good luck. May you have the good fortune to see your team win.

Ian

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA

Which California team has been disappointing you all this time?

You can see which team I'll be rooting for from my profile picture.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I am more a college football fan but I have to keep up with the NFL as my 86 year old mother is an avid sports fan. Our best conversations are about NFL games!

Anyway, both my teams lost in the last two games. I wanted the Saints and Chiefs. But for the big games I think I will be rooting for the Rams although I have rooted for the Patriots in past Superbowls. I do believe the teams are evenly matched. Brady has a lot of experience on his side which makes me believe it will tip in favor of the Patriots. I do like to cheer for the underdog!

Truthfully, I just want an exciting game with good refs and does not end with any controversy.

Lisa

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have little-to-no idea what you're talking about; but I know it's important.

Totally understandable Ian. We have an awesome international membership here at Mac-Forums...thus American Football may only be familiar to "slice" of the members.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
To me as an outsider, it seems as interesting as Trump v Clinton to many, many Americans.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can see which team I'll be rooting for from my profile picture.

Okay Ashwin.... Is this Tom Brady's farwell game? Retirement? At age 41, he still looks great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPr 15in. 2018, 2.9GHz i9, 32 GB
As a NY Giants fan....
My 2nd favorite team, is ANYONE playing against the Cowpies
My 3rd favorite team, is ANYONE playing against the Patsies
Ergo,,, GO RAMS!!!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Okay Ashwin.... Is this Tom Brady's farwell game? Retirement? At age 41, he still looks great.

He had said 45, but I think if he wins this SB, it's a milestone that not many others will reach easily and he can think seriously about retiring. But my guess is that he will go for another season or two.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I haven't been as disinterested in a Super Bowl as I am in this one in a long time. I am not rooting for either team, and I think it's a shame that bad calls by the refs had such an impact on which team became the NFC representative. It wasn't just one blown call, but another one the Saints had to overcome, with much less time to do so than on the previous one. It's just a shame when the fans watching on TV can make a better call than the refs. The NFL needs to fix that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
How many cameras/angles are on the field? There are only a certain amount of refs, and they have to watch everything going on. Yes, it was a bad missed call, but it was only one second of a sixty minute game. All the players on the field need to make their plays throughout the game.

Don't worry, in the future, when time travel is possible, all the past injustices will be fixed. ;D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's just a shame when the fans watching on TV can make a better call than the refs. The NFL needs to fix that.

I have news for you... the NFL has to fix a lot more than bad calls. Enough said about that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I have news for you... the NFL has to fix a lot more than bad calls. Enough said about that.

Amen - to NFL has a lot to fix and yes, enough said!

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Yes, it was a bad missed call, but it was only one second of a sixty minute game. All the players on the field need to make their plays throughout the game.

That's the second time you've posted this. My post just above responded to the first one, and another post or two. But I feel the need to explain in more detail. Yes, that was one play, but not the only one that was blown and caused a problem for the Saints. Earlier in the game, a very similar missed interference penalty was not called when it should have been. That caused the Saints to have to give up the ball, a big gain, and a scoring opportunity. They overcame that, and regained or expanded the lead over the Rams. The second blown call was more crucial because they had much less time to overcome yet another obstacle. Without those two bad calls, the Saints might have scored two more times and turned the game into a blow out. It's still a problem for the NFL to fix, because they do have the technology available to get the calls right more often. Yes, the replay official sometimes makes a decision with his eyes closed, but they still get many bad calls corrected. This is one that should be subject to review, at least near the end of the game or even of both halves. The Saints demonstrated that they were the better team that day because of what it took to get into the position near the end with the lead and the ball. The refs gave the game to the Rams; they didn't deserve it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
overpaid athletes that want to kneel and disrespect our flag and vets. that is why I have no interest in it. don't want talk politics so I'll just shut up now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
overpaid athletes that want to kneel and disrespect our flag and vets. that is why I have no interest in it. don't want talk politics so I'll just shut up now.

Typically, that is not the reason for their kneeling.

Bob -

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.