• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Superbowl

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
That was a good Super bowl win. Yes low scoring, but two defenses absolutely confusing the other offense. Brady didn't seem to figure things out quickly, but I think managed to sneak through a couple of key plays to make the win happen. I'll take win #6.

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yes...it was a real defensive battle. I think it was mentioned that this was the lowest scoring Superbowl ever.

Early on when the running game of the Patriots offense seemed to be doing whatever it wanted...it looked like the Patriots were going to squash the Rams. But when Brady's first pass (a high-percentage short pass) was intercepted...ugh-ohh...maybe this wasn't going to be as easy as it first seemed! Plus the early game easy missed field goal by the Patriots didn't help!;) Of course it wasn't until with only about 7 minutes left in the game when the Patriots scored the first touchdown of the game...did it actually look like we may have a winner.

To be honest though...the Rams defense was pretty awesome. Their pass defense seemed to be in all the right places at the right times...and the Rams defensive line REALLY kept the pressure on Brady almost the whole game. I think the #1 reason the Rams lost was the Rams young & inexperienced quarterback. It's possible the pressure of the big-game got to him.

Combine the Rams defense with a seasoned quarterback...and the end result may have been way different. Just my objective opinion. I'm neither a big Patriots or big Rams fan (I was routing for the Patriots). Being a west-coast team...I really have no idea what the Rams are all about anyway.;)

The half-time show stank...and wayyyy too many of the Superbowl commercials were boring boring boring!:( Too many of the commercials were going for the "feel-good" message...when I think the majority of Superbowl viewers want to laugh, smile, and chuckle at the funny & sometimes silly...super-expensive Superbowl commercials...rather than a bunch of super-serious feel-good commercials. My favorite Superbowl commercial was the one with Harrison Ford & the dog that could order stuff by barking with his special Alexa-based collar.:laugh And the T-Mobile commercials were pretty good too.:app

Here's the Harrison Ford & dog commercial. This is the long version...there's a short version too...but I couldn't find it (maybe it's not available yet). Fast forward to about the 25 second mark to see it...or watch the whole thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y-1h_C8ad8&t=29s

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
The half-time show stank...and wayyyy too many of the Superbowl commercials were boring boring boring!:( Too many of the commercials were going for the "feel-good" message...when I think the majority of Superbowl viewers want to laugh, smile, and chuckle at the funny & sometimes silly...super-expensive Superbowl commercials...rather than a bunch of super-serious feel-good commercials. My favorite Superbowl commercial was the one with Harrison Ford & the dog that could order stuff by barking with his special Alexa-based collar.:laugh And the T-Mobile commercials were pretty good too.:app

The only commercial I remember, is the "chunky milk" commercial, and I don't even remember what it was really for?

I

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The only commercial I remember, is the "chunky milk" commercial, and I don't even remember what it was really for?

I

That commercial just made me cringe. All of the commercials were generally dumb, but the Alexa commercial with Harrison Ford was OK the first time.

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

I think that's exactly the feedback companies that pay big-bucks for Superbowl commercials don't want to hear. I can recall a bunch of the commercials...they just weren't memorable or worth repeating to others...like great Superbowl commercials of the past were worthy of.

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yep, the only commercial that I enjoyed was the "Indiana Jones" and dog with Alexa. I almost didn't recognize Harrison Ford - I guess all those Indiana Jones and Star Wars adventures put the years on him. :goofy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Well, I agree with Nick's analysis of the game. My short version is you could have napped the first three quarters - and through that half-time "show" then tuned in for the last quarter, especially the last seven minutes, and seen a couple of sweet plays by Brady. Still in all the two teams were well matched. Give the ram's quarterback more seasoning and next year might be a different outcome.

I did like the Budweiser commercials but trot out the Clydesdales and add a Dalmatian and I will love it! I am a sucker for animal commercials.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.