Mac seems to fail to communicate with apple

Reaction score
screen-shot-2019-02-01-at-2-41.png screen-shot-2019-02-01-at-2-43.png screen-shot-2019-02-01-at-11-4.png

I went through a system restore yesterday and got the attached error when attempting in install Mojave via system restore. I ended up completing the restore, but it installed Yosemite (10.10) instead of Mojave. Prior to the system restore, the computer was on Mojave.

When I got into the computer and tried to update to Mojave via the app store, I get the same error message. In addition, when I click "Updates" in the app store, it throws an error -1012 and says that it can't find any updates.

I am also trying to install Windows 10 via bootcamp. I have the ISO file, but when bootcamp attempts to "download windows support files", the creation fails due to a "network error".

This all started at about 3PM CST yesterday. To date, I have attempted a router and modem restart, several computer restarts, PRAM reset, DNS cache clear, renew DHCP lease, attempted a proxy server, another OS reinstall, attempted to update to 10.11 (not available for your system error), spoken to 6 different apple support agents, and I'm getting nowhere fast.

*Edit 1* It seems to do everything else just fine

Please advise

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Yes, their servers/systems are experiencing issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Thank you! So when this thing says "issue" it's a problem with apple?

As confirmed, and you can click on each "issue" site for a bit more generalized problems if you want.

Bottom line, leave it be for a maybe a day and try again when things are a bit more stable.

- Patrick
======

OP
D
Reaction score
So I've been following the status of these servers all day. The issues finally cleared up and all lights were green. I restarted and it is still a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Give it some time. If everybody else tried to get to the server today and got that message, the servers could be very busy. Try every hour or so until you get through.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.