Search

Reaction score
Can someone show me how to search for a specific subject or set of keywords in one particular Forum. My searches so far have not delivered such results.

TIA

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The search on the forum is a little lacking, so use Google instead. On the Google search bar, use the syntax "site:mac-forums.com" and then add your search terms. While you are not searching within a single sub-forum, this will get you results across the entire forum for your search criteria.

Reaction score
If you click "Advanced Search" underneath the search field, you'll have access to various search filters. Be sure to select "Search Titles Only" from the drop-down menu next to the "Keyword(s)" field to help get more relevant results to topical searches. Unfortunately, I think if you use multiple keywords, there's no way to specify that you want only results that contain both keywords. For example if you enter the keywords imac ram, the search results (for thread titles) contain a lot of threads with "iMac" in the title, but not "RAM".

The Google search as Ashwin described is great for looking for specific phrases on the forum. You can also filter the results by time by clicking on Tools (under Google search bar) and then the drop-down menu that is defaulted to "Any Time" in order to change that parameter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.