iPhone SE once again on sale at the Apple on line store (third time)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apple has evidently dug up more iPhone SE models and put them on sale. Prices start at $249 for a brand new unopened iPhone SE in original box.

If you want one, act fast because they will disappear very quickly. :wink

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
And then I read this if it would concern any buyers, note the questionable and unconfirmed rumor notation:

A questionable and unconfirmed rumor from Israeli site The Verifier suggests that Apple's iOS 13 update, expected to be previewed this summer at the Worldwide Developers Conference, will drop support for a number of iPhones and iPads.

The site says iOS 13 will be unavailable on the iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, and iPhone 6s Plus, all devices that are compatible with iOS 12.
https://www.macrumors.com/2019/01/31/sketchy-rumor-ios-13-compatibility/

- Patrick
======

OP
chscag

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
MacRumors corrected that later on with another post. We don't know which of those devices mentioned will not be eligible for iOS 12. And even if the SE is not eligible, so what?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And even if the SE is not eligible, so what?

Or even with the 6S that my wife uses, it's very doubtful if it would be of any concern to us, but some just might be wanting to keep on the bleeding iOS edge.

But thanks for the note on the update:
Update: The Verifier has updated the original article to list the lack of iOS 13 support for the iPhone SE and iPhone 6s as "questionable" rather than concrete.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
We don't know which of those devices mentioned will not be eligible for iOS 12. And even if the SE is not eligible, so what?

You mean iOS 13, right? And I'd say that's a significant consideration for those like me who like to keep their devices up to date. For others, of course, it's not. No right or wrong - but good to lay it all out on the table.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You mean iOS 13, right?

Gee, I missed that, so it just goes to show how not up to date we are here. I seem to have a hard time keeping track of what the latest versions are, and they seem to keep changing so fast.

PS: OT — I'm sure thankful we use iMazing.app for our iOS backups as I had to do a restore on my wife's idevices and one of the apps she uses often, Bike&Hike, is no longer available in the App Store, but thankfully available using our iMazing backup.

Another disadvantage of using Apple's backup method I'd say, and possibly loose the use of some apps that are no longer available in the Apple App Store.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.