Imac desktop pink screen any ideas

Reaction score
Hi all am new here and inherited an imac desktop A 1224 was wondering any ideas as to why its got a pink screen when on..?
It all works good only screen display is pink .making it hard to see whats on the screen .. is it worth fixing? .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Can you tell us what it says, when you select the Apple icon, then About This Mac?This will tell you. What Mac OS X/OS X/macOS version it is running, as well as what model year the iMac is, thanks.

OP
L
Reaction score
re imac desktop pink screen..

Can you tell us what it says, when you select the Apple icon, then About This Mac?This will tell you. What Mac OS X/OS X/macOS version it is running, as well as what model year the iMac is, thanks.

Thanks Ferrarr , I`ll do it a little later on but can you also tell me how to back up the computer I am not familiar with the mac so lots to learn yet..
more later . thanks for post .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
You will need an external disk drive with at least the same size storage space as the internal drive. Then, when you connect the drive to your iMac, Time Machine will ask if you want to use the external disk with Time Machine. Say yes, and Time Machine will format the drive for use. If you do not get the request from Time Machine, then you will need to turn Time Machine on, and TM is located in System Preferences.

Bob -

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Hmmm...??? Backing up an inherited iMac???

As for the pinkish color, open the Display System Prefs > Color tab and check what profile is selected or maybe try creating a new one using the Calibrate button.

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's a very old iMac (probably 2008 17" or 20") and very likely has a bad GPU. Harry sort of hinted at that when he linked to a video card being sold on eBay.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks chscag I`ll check out if its worth trying to fix if its an old machine but first will so as ferrarr says about clicking that apple icon and see what it says about the machine... its so much different to windows 10 but am willing to learn and see if it can be fixed or worth it or just throw it out.. cheers Lorrain

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
here are a couple of sites, so you can learn and explore more about your specific model Mac;

https://www.ifixit.com - D-I-Y repair guides, for most Apple products.
https://everymac.com - Comprehensive list of almost every Apple product ever made.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Thanks chscag I`ll check out if its worth trying to fix if its an old machine but first will so as ferrarr says about clicking that apple icon and see what it says about the machine...

Did you check or find anything in the Displays Prefs Pane and its color profile I mentioned in my #6 post???

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.