Accidental Screenshots on iPhone X - Quickly Delete

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I find myself frequently taking accidental screenshots on my iPhone X since the up volume and the sleep/wake button pressed together take a screenshot. I find the way I hold my phone presses the up volume button into my finger when I press the sleep/wake button, and thus I inadvertently take a screenshot. Instead of having to delete it from your camera roll, simply tap on the screenshot thumbnail that appears in the bottom left of the screen after you take a screenshot, then instead of tapping on any of the editing tools that pop up, simply click Done at the top left, then tap Delete Screenshot. Boom. Done.

I'm sure I'm not the first to discover this simple shortcut, but I just thought I'd throw it out there in case others might have the same "issue" that I have ;)

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
This happens more often than people admit. Your solution is spot on; but you have to be reasonably quick about it because the screenshot thumbnail doesn't stay there that long.

A good tip and many will appreciate it. Thank you.

Ian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That reminds me to go through my wife's phone every once in awhile to remove all the "accidental" screen shots and camera shots she takes. The other day I removed around 15 of them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.