Cant connect to ICloud issue

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me how to get rid of this notice? It comes up every time I log in to my iMac mojave 10.14.2 the fogged out part is my Email Thanks Bob View attachment 29199

IMG_2930.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)

Long version: Click on iCloud Preferences button, provide login for your AppleID account and the message should be banished.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
You can of course turn off all of the syncing services in System Preferences > iCloud but you do need to be signed in.

Sent from my iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
About what? You have been given two solutions. You have to be signed in, even if you don't use the services.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Did those suggestions not work? Or do you have a different problem?

Reaction score
I believe clicking on iCloud Preferences will take you to the same window as going to System Preferences > iCloud. There you can sign into iCloud using your Apple ID (your email address) and password. If you don't have an Apple ID set up, then it's easy to do:

Create Your Apple ID
https://appleid.apple.com/account#!&page=create

(you should also be able to do this on your Mac in iCloud Preferences)

As Rod said, you are under no obligation to actually use any of the various iCloud services (e.g. iCloud Drive, calendar/notes/reminders/safari syncing, etc.). Simply uncheck any iCloud services you don't want to use after signing in on your Mac. But your Mac will check that you're signed into iCloud, regardless of whether you're using any of the iCloud services, so you'll want to sign in to stop the pop-up messages.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies Guys, Ive always used iCloud for everything, I have everything checked off in preferences , Ive signed in a number of times! But it just keeps sending me this message when I log on! I don't know how to satisfy ICloud.

OP
B
Reaction score
I did have a problem with Bing taking over my google, In a previous post ( I solved the problem by installing Malwarebytes as recommended here) I dont know if this would have anything to do with problem!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bing shouldn't be an issue.

Try this. Open System Preferences, iCloud, Account Details and check the the AppleID listed is correct, then on Security, you might consider changing the password and logging in again. A last ditch thought is to Sign Out and then Sign in again. The problem with that approach is that you will get a warning about the data on the Mac being erased if you Sign out, but still available to devices on which you are signed in, and with an option to "keep" the data, which will download it all to your Mac. That is more of a PITA as all that stuff is copied, but signing out and signing in again may get it sorted out for you if the other suggestions don't work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Another option would be to sign out of iCloud completely, then restart your Mac. Then sign back into iCloud and see if the issue persists.

Bob -

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The one thing to watch for, if you take Bob's suggestion, is what I mentioned in post #10, that you will get a warning about losing everything that is synced from the Mac, but it will remain on all other synced devices. You can elect to "keep" the data, but it takes time to download it all. And then after you log in again, I'm not sure how it then all syncs up again and if you will have duplicates on the Mac.

Reaction score
Bing shouldn't be an issue.

Try this. Open System Preferences, iCloud, Account Details and check the the AppleID listed is correct, then on Security, you might consider changing the password and logging in again. A last ditch thought is to Sign Out and then Sign in again. The problem with that approach is that you will get a warning about the data on the Mac being erased if you Sign out, but still available to devices on which you are signed in, and with an option to "keep" the data, which will download it all to your Mac. That is more of a PITA as all that stuff is copied, but signing out and signing in again may get it sorted out for you if the other suggestions don't work.

This is an amazing statement ...

Signing out and sining in again .. seems like a good solution for changing to a newer email (Apple id) .. one probably also needs to officially change the Apple id on the Apple id web page. Thanks for a fine solution... Regards, Michael (iMac late 2013 sierra)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Signing out and sining in again .. seems like a good solution for changing to a newer email (Apple id) .. one probably also needs to officially change the Apple id on the Apple id web page.
Why? I've never changed an Apple ID, ever. I've added and deleted devices, synced and cancelled sync and then put sync back on. Never changed Apple ID. Changing Apple ID is a good way to get really confused if they all end up on different AppleIDs and you wonder why they don't sync.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I have everything checked off in preferences , Ive signed in a number of times! But it just keeps sending me this message when I log on! I don't know how to satisfy ICloud.

Are you sure that you have double-checked your user account name being used is correct, as that's what the message seems to be implying that there is something wrong with the name that has been entered and in use.

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why? I've never changed an Apple ID, ever. I've added and deleted devices, synced and cancelled sync and then put sync back on. Never changed Apple ID. Changing Apple ID is a good way to get really confused if they all end up on different AppleIDs and you wonder why they don't sync.

I'm with Jake on this. Too many horror stories out there about what happens when you begin fooling with Apple IDs, especially trying to changing it. And, for information purposes... Apple will refuse to merge your multiple Apple IDs into one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.