Microsoft Word for Mac - screen layout problem

Reaction score
Hello - hoping someone can help. I am using Word for Mac on a desktop running OS Yosemite. After a couple of days away I returned to find all my Word docs have been distorted: the Left and Right margin markers are at the far L and R ends of the page. This has affected files in all folders, files on my desktop and even files backed up up onto two memory sticks. I'm reluctant to start altering the indents on individual files as it looks as though it's a general Word problem. Any advice gratefully received.

Reaction score
1. What version of MS Word for Mac are you running? (Word > About Microsoft Word). I'm an Office 365 subscriber so am running the latest version of Word (16.21). I'm on macOS 10.14.3.
2. Is it your margins or indents that are off? They're not the same thing. The little "arrow" markers on the ruler control indent. The shaded area on the ruler controls the margin.

indent_first_line_hanging.png

3. If you'd like, send me a private message and I can give you my email if you want to email me a sample document. I can try opening it on my copy of MS Word for Mac to see if it's normal or not.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
What was the problem? Just in case someone else has the same issue.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.