iTunes download problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
I downloaded a full album (jazz) to my computer, 16 songs from iTunes. It downloaded all the songs, however they were downloaded into separate albums. Songs 1&2 went to the first album, the remaining 14 to the second album. (Reg Owen & His Orchestra)

How do I merge the songs into one album?

Below is a snapshot taken.

Duplicate.jpg

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi, I think I may know a way of achieving what you want.

I had a look in iTunes Store and it looks like the songs you downloaded, span several Albums.

Try this:

Pick the Album with the most songs; or pick the Album into which you want to put all your songs and note the terms used under: Artist, Album, Album Artist. Let's call it "Album One" for illustrative purposes.

Now, highlight all the songs that you want in the one Album.

Then use the key combo, Command plus I (or right Click and choose "Get Info". This will include those in your chosen Album (Album 1) and those in the others.

Now change the terms under Artist, Album, Album Artist to match exactly those in your chosen Album (Album 1).

This should then place all those songs in the one Album.

PS If you are challenged by "do you want to move multiple items" or suchlike, Click Yes.

Please post back as I'm keen to confirm that this works.

Ian

OP
F
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 (2019)
Ian,

Your suggestion worked well! Only problem I had is trying to use the "Album" selection. Went to the "Song" selection and worked just fine. Songs #1 and #2 were added to the others.
Below should be a screen shot.

Thank you very much. I have several other albums to accomplish and with your assistance it should be fine.

RegOwen.jpg

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Wonderful! Well done. So glad it helped.

Ian

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Nice job Ian. You're advice points out something about iTunes that causes havoc in some iTunes libraries. When tracks from an albut are added the album name has to match exactly on all of the relevant tracks. iTunes applies this logic to other tags as well. If, for example you have one album tagged with the artist as "Allman Brothers" and another tagged as "The Allman Brothers" will appear in different places when you are in album view. Something as simple as an extra space in the name can mess things up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.