Add Gmail account to Outlook 2011

Reaction score
I'm still connected to my previous company's exchange server. I would like to add my new Gmail account to Outlook 2011. I can't seem to make the gmail account the default one. Do I need to delete the exchange account before gmail will become ective? I've made a backup of the exchange account. I've changed the security on gmail to allow 3rd party apps, so far no luck.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I am a bit lost but here is my 2 cents worth. If you delete the exchange account and the gmail account is the only one and it is working it will be the default.

Outlook does not allow for a default account. If you are looking at mail in an account that is the account it will use when replying. Whatever account is "active" is the default. You can manually change your address but otherwise it will default to the address associated with the email account you currently are using.

Here is a discussion I found that might give you some answers: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-for-new/b836088c-5136-4cce-b657-ef39a0884862

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.