Where to Buy iPhone SE?

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Bummed I missed out on a killer sale of iPhone SE from Apple recently. DAMMIT. This is the only Apple phone I want. I hate big phones. The new ones are all way too big for me. I will hold out as long as I possibly can, but my current SE is too beat up :-(

It seems no one is selling new SE's anymore. Can anyone fill me in on precautions for buying iPhone SE's from someplace else, such as Swappa?

Thank you :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
Apple is no longer making the iPhone SE models. Whatever you find, they will be last years version.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Strange as it sounds...Apple has been "secretly" selling iPhone SE's in the Refurbished/Clearance area of Apple.com. If you check there now...there may or may not be any available...since they are selling out as quickly as Apple has any in stock.

Officially the iPhone SE was discontinued September, 2018. The "grapevine" is saying Apple is doing this to "test the waters" to see if there is still strong demand for the iPhone SE. If so...who knows...Apple may start selling the iPhone SE again...or maybe come out with an iPhone SE version 2.:) iPhone sales are lagging...and I think Apple is investigating all possibilities to bump-up the numbers.

Here's what you might call a "secret" link as well for the iPhone SE in the clearance area. If you went through the website (apple.com...then click on the clearance area...then on iPhones)...you wouldn't see this link...since there are no iPhone SE's in stock at the moment for sale. I think this direct link is a "place-holder page" for when more are in stock.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MP7X2LL/A/iphone-se-128gb-space-gray-unlocked

Keep checking out the Apple refurbished/clearance area...and maybe you get lucky & some will be available. Of course if you REALLY want one...don't be picky as far as configuration & color.;)

Good luck,

- Nick

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Brilliant find, Nick. You obviously have the ear of Tim Cook. Your secret is safe with us.:loveit:goofy

Ian

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Love the use of the new smiley's Ian!:app

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I guess I should mention to everyone who goes to the Apple site thinking that they can buy a new iPhone SE..... They were all sold out on the same day Apple made the announcement. :sd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Can I suggest an iPhone 7? It's only a teensy bit bigger than the SE - 4.7" screen compared with 4", still very much a compact phone. Full one-year warranty as with 'new'. I bought mine after using a 5 and didn't fin d it cumbersome.

From Apple $469 now - https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished/iphone/iphone-7

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Apple's all sold out as I already knew. I guess I'll keep checking back to see if they "find" any stock and start selling again. I was hoping for some guidance about buying a 128gb SE on the second-hand market.

Those big phones aren't for me, even if they're only "a teensy bit bitter" it's still too big. It would bend/break in my back pocket or i'd drop it trying to use with one hand. No thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can tell you that the on line market for the iPhone SE is one that is overpriced and the majority of SE phones that you will find are either to small in storage or refurbished. The only hope you might have is if Apple decides to come out with a SE 2. But that seems doubtful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
Why not check with local cell providers in your area, they may still have some in stock?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, it looks like Apple found some more iPhone SEs for sale. They just announced today that they are on sale again. So if you want one, you had better hurry up and buy one!

OP
A
Reaction score
Well, it looks like Apple found some more iPhone SEs for sale. They just announced today that they are on sale again. So if you want one, you had better hurry up and buy one!

SIIIIIIICK. Got one! Rose Gold lol but whatever!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey, Rose Gold is better than no Gold! LOL. Anyway, glad you finally got one. Now stay tuned to our forums for more good advice. :smile

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.