Windows seems to have bricked my macOS, stuck with 10...

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
This is my first post here so hello to all! I use Windows 10 regularly on my Mac Mini.
I switch to macOS when I want to use Ableton or whatever else.
I've been using Windows without any issues for years on my mini since i purchased it at the beginning of 2015.

Somehow Windows seems to have bricked my macOS and I have no idea how to fix it myself. I've tried running the tools from the Recovery partition, but I've had no luck. I tried to go into Terminal to do it that way, but it still failed. I'm not sure where to start next so I figured I would reach out here to the forum. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions, I'd prefer to fix this thing myself than take it to the Genius Bar.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Well at least the Genius Bar is an option for you. Some of our members are pretty remote and I'm in Indonesia, no apple Genius Bars here at all.
When you say, "Windows seems to have bricked my macOS" what do you mean?
You say you have tried the Recovery partition and Terminal but to no avail. So that sounds like you can boot into the macOS partition or are you trying to access it from the Windows partition?
Could you also let us know what macOS and Windows versions you are running.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
When you are in the Recovery partition, can you access the Startup Disk options? Have you attempted to use Disk Utility to Repair the disk drive? Be sure to Repair disk on the drive and each individual partition/volume on the disk, as well.

When you restart, hold “option” down, until you see the Startup Disk options, what are available to you? Sometimes disks die, it could be what happened?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.