Advice on my third bent iPad Pro (which I’ll pry keep), the best note taking apps ...

Reaction score
Well I want the iPad Pro, but 3/3 are bent, and it’s possibly the norm.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Y1QPrNH

No dead pixels or banding from what I could see so it works functionally. I have a beetle unicorn case for it with a built in screen protector so I feel as others have said maybe I should just come to terms with it if it works. I don’t see getting a fourth. Or getting non WiFi because it defeats my purpose of being an on the go college student.

Does this mean I’m dumb for keeping it?

Also, what is the BEST and most responsive note taking device for iPad Pro? What is the best drawing app I can get (I feel it’d help with my anxiety being able to doodle).

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Does this mean I’m dumb for keeping it?

No. Just coming to terms with reality. Glad you've made the decision. Seriously.

Also, what is the BEST and most responsive note taking device for iPad Pro?

Best for you is not necessarily best for me. Try Apple's native "Notes". Don't like it? Then Google "Note Taking apps for new iPad Pro". I say that because there are at least a dozen, probably many more, and there are numerous reviews of the pros and cons of each out there.

What is the best drawing app I can get (I feel it’d help with my anxiety being able to doodle).

Well, first you need something to doodle with. Apple supplies a new Pencil for the new Pro - https://www.apple.com/uk/apple-pencil/ - and again a quick Google will bring up alternatives, although these may be thin on the ground given the newness of the Pro.

Drawing apps - here are 20 possibilities: https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-ipad-pro-drawing-apps/

And welcome to the real world:):Cool:

Ian

OP
thedemoncowboy
Reaction score
Unfortunately, as I was getting past this and putting it in it's case, i noticed dust on there, and I kept rubbing it off but it's behind the pannel. I think I'm just going with the 10.5 and be done with it. Would your recommendation of apps work well on those 10.5?

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
The 10.5 inch is a different animal altogether. It's what I have, incidentally.

Firstly, it has a Home Button (Finger ID). The Pencil is different from the new Pro and the two Pencils are not interchangeable.

I think that all, or most, of the drawing apps and Notes apps can work on either the older or the new Pro, although obviously they may be optimised for the higher resolution screen of the new Pro. Easy to check that if you follow the links to all these apps.

I'm truly sorry that it hasn't worked for you. You initially sounded so optimistic.

Don't know what more to say, really.

Ian

OP
thedemoncowboy
Reaction score
And do you enjoy your 10.5? A lot of people say it’s plenty quick. I’ll only be playing games like sim city build it, ign, my school, note taking and drawing ...

Is good notes 5 one that can transfer handwritten into text?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I didn't buy my 10.5" iPad Pro to play games or to use as a drawing tablet. I use it specifically as a backup for my iMac or if I'm away from my home office. I had an older iPad 3 which was also cellular (T-Mobile) but I found that I rarely used it that way. However, at the time, T-Mobile had a free data plan for subscribers so there was no additional fee. My current 10.5" iPad Pro is WiFi only and is certainly fast enough to do most everything that I need it for.

There are many apps that you can use to take notes: The best 10 note taking apps for 2018

Several of the ones that are listed in that blog are free.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Plenty fast!

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Did you consider that the wooden desk/worktop in your photo might not be true rather than the MBPs being bent? Try a spirit level - in the Measure app on iphone if you have one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.