Reaction score
iTunes driving me to distraction (now that's not that first time that's been said...)

Had a couple of libraries, not quite synchronized, so used a blank iPad to do the job. Loaded each library into iPad, and fine, the 'Music' section ended up with all the tracks, all in the right order, no dupes (used a non-duping program), hooray.

Then thought I'd transfer this nice pristine iTunes set to my Mac Mini. Went across okay, seemed fine, but now I come to look at it I see major problems. The Beatles, for example, where I had 9 Albums, I've now only got one, with the wrong title, and 201 tracks, in all sorts of strange orders!

Looked again at the iPad Music, and there, all is fine.

I'm thinking of doing this:

Wiping iTunes from my Mac Mini. Reinstalling it. Transferring my iPad Music library to Mac Mini into iTunes.

This should work, but it didn't the first time. Maybe I didn't wipe iTunes thoroughly enough.

Any ideas, suggestions, most welcomed.

Allen.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hello Bob. I think that’s what I am doing - ie copying my ipad to my Mac. If I’m missing something obvious, do set me straight! The library(ies) on my Mac are the ones that seem corrupted, of course.

A

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
iDevices are not supposed to move music from the device to a computer. Each device syncs from one computer at a time, so if you connect it, it may copy the corrupted library onto the device.

Don't you have the original libraries, that you synched to each device?

See if this helps, https://www.kirkville.com/how-to-combine-or-merge-two-itunes-libraries/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.