How to disable the Silent Switch on the side of the iPhone SE?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch, M1, 2021, 256GB 16GB memory. MBA M1 2020 256GB, 8GB memory.
I appear to be moving, unintentionally, the 'Silent Switch' on the side of my iPhone SE to the 'Silent' position. This results in the keypad being muted which I don't like. I can of course move the switch back to the unmute position once I realise that this has happened, but I wondered if there was a way to disable the switch so that the keyboard sounds would always be on. I've watched a Youtube video which I thought was going to show me how to do this but it didn't work for me, unless of course I made a mistake in following the instructions. Can anyone on here confirm if what I want to do is possible and if so could you give me instructions on how to do it? Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Do you have any kind of cover on your phone? Makes it much harder to switch this button into the off position. With just a back cover on mine, the 'silent' button is recessed whereas the sound buttons are pronounced.

Photo on 17-01-2019 at 12.49.jpg

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch, M1, 2021, 256GB 16GB memory. MBA M1 2020 256GB, 8GB memory.
Do you have any kind of cover on your phone? Makes it much harder to switch this button into the off position. With just a back cover on mine, the 'silent' button is recessed whereas the sound buttons are pronounced.

View attachment 29103

Yes I do have a clear flexible silicone cover which covers the back and sides of the phone, nothing on the screen. However the aperture on the cover for the switch in question is of a decent size and doesn't touch the switch. I might have to try holding the phone another way as the switch might be moved when my hand is covering it when making a phone call.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.