Push Notifications

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 Retina 3.4, 16gb Catalina 10.15.3, iPhone XR, iPad 9.7
Every so often I get a window that ask if I want to allow push notification while on internet. I've read that they are small messages sent to you from the app publisher. Is it advisable to leave these off? Seems like these can get annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
They come from the websites, and can be maintained from your browsers preferences. I have a few that I allow to come over, but most I ignore. Personal preferences may vary. They may also be coming from System Preferences > Notifications as well.

OP
KennyC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Bob, I did n't want all kind of stuff popping up until I know what I need or want to use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
If you look in System Preferences > Notifications, you will see which apps are allowed to push notifications, that's one way to manage them. But more will come through whichever browser you use, those are the ones that are harder to remember, if you've allowed them or not. For Safari 12.0.2 in Mojave, go to Preferences > Websites, Notifications.

OP
KennyC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.