itunes

Reaction score
opening itunes some thumb nails ie cover art, does not load unless audiobooks and music are toggled back and forth......loading new books through music into audiobooks, loads multiple copies .....have reinstalled once, uninstalled completely, downloaded new app and installed, same behavior.....(all music and audiobooks stayed in app. on both installs)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Reinstalling iTunes generally does not fix this kind of behavior. The reason it doesn't is that the problem is most likely not with iTunes itself but with the library files.

Can you describe the problem a bit better. When you say that music and audiobooks have to be toggled do you mean that the audiobooks first appear in music and then you have to edit the file info to reflect that it is an audiobook? similar probllems often appear with video all appearing as "home video until the information is corrected. I don' trcall a permanent fix for this but I'll do a bit of digging.

OP
denniscampbell
Reaction score
Reinstalling iTunes generally does not fix this kind of behavior. The reason it doesn't is that the problem is most likely not with iTunes itself but with the library files.

Can you describe the problem a bit better. When you say that music and audiobooks have to be toggled do you mean that the audiobooks first appear in music and then you have to edit the file info to reflect that it is an audiobook? similar probllems often appear with video all appearing as "home video until the information is corrected. I don' trcall a permanent fix for this but I'll do a bit of digging.

thanks,
audiobook download>itunes>music (automatically)>edit>audiobook has been the only procedure i know.
opening music there are several cover art blanks, not the music, just the cover art and switching to audiobooks the same situation...switching back to music all art is loaded and again back to audiobooks all art is loaded as well. however editing audiobooks from music gets several identical copies in audiobooks and when one is deleted all delete. makes no difference if i open itunes in audiobooks or music same toggle issue........ i hope this clear thanks for the help

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.