CD Ripping

Reaction score
I have about 500 or more CD's that I want to rip for storage and streaming.

In the past I used Mac iTunes and it ripped CD's as a unit with all the tracks and art work in one click playable in iTunes or streaming devices.

Since iMac does not have optical drive I decided to try and use a highly reviewed app "Exact Audio Copy" on my Windows laptop to rip CD's to lossless audio .WAV or .FLAC.

It worked but created all ripped CD tracks as each their own file, created a file for the art work, and a file for metadata.
With 500 CD's this would be a big file mess. I wanted the CD ripped as itself.

Does anyone know of a Ripping Application for Mac that will error check and process CD's to loseless files and create a CD package like iTunes used to do.

Comments, Ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Wouldn't it be better to get a cheap USB optical drive for the iMac and just use iTunes like you used to? Or do I misunderstand and you don't have an iMac, just a PC?

Reaction score
Just buy an external optical drive for your iMac and in iTunes, go to iTunes > Preferences > General > Import Settings and change the "Import Using" setting to a lossless format.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Wouldn't it be better to get a cheap USB optical drive for the iMac and just use iTunes like you used to? Or do I misunderstand and you don't have an iMac, just a PC?

Just buy an external optical drive for your iMac and in iTunes, go to iTunes > Preferences > General > Import Settings and change the "Import Using" setting to a lossless format.

+3!!! And use what works just like it used to.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.