Macbook Pro 15" mid 2012 retina won't start

Reaction score
Hello.
I have a Macbook Pro 15" mid 2012 retina that won't start. When i charge it the green light on the charger first appear, then the orange light appear.
The light stay orange for a long time. Nothing happen when i try the power button. I have tried to push it quick and also hold it for 10-20 second. Nothing happen. I have tried to disconnect the battery (have open the cover and disconnected the battery connecter) Tried to charge it and turn it on when the battery connecter is off. Tried also to power up after the battery is connected again. Nothing happen. The Mac is completly dead,.
The battery is old and it is close to 1000 circle's. The mac has not been use fore a time so the battery is empty. Last time it started it worked fine. That is a couple of months a go.
Any suggestions of what can be wrong?

OP
V
Reaction score
Hello.
Thanks for the replay. I have tried the SMC reset. Sorry for not mention that.
That did not work.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The battery is old and it is close to 1000 circle's. The mac has not been use fore a time so the battery is empty. Last time it started it worked fine. That is a couple of months a go.
Any suggestions of what can be wrong?

You need a new battery. That machine is not going to start up without a working battery which is part of the power supply circuitry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Any chance any of the suggestions here would work???

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/370246/MacBook+Pro+suddenly+dead+and+does+not+turn+on

But it sounds like you've tried them all but besides, as others have suggested, I would suggest that battery has passed beyond its useful life and also beyond any attempt of recovery.

PS: Personally, I find Apple's price for replacement batteries very excessive and have never used Or paid for one. Non-Apple supplied batteries have worked very well when purchased from a reliable supplier. Other's opinions will probably differ ~ Your choice. :|

- Patrick
======

Last edited:
OP
V
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. Have bougth a battery pack from a non Apple dealer. Will install it an see how it goes. Hope it will fix it. Will post update when done.

OP
V
Reaction score
Have put in a new battery and it work.
Thanks for the tip.
It was not so hard to install the new battery. Used a strond thread to "cut" the glue under the battery.
Cleaned the old glue a little and put in the new battery.
Worked very well.
Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.